Monday, March 17, 2008

A wonderful Bottle of Hope and some sad news...

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing the clay websites and came across Polymer Clay by Silastones by Ponsawan. I quickly scrolled through to look at the photos and then realized that the last couple of entries dealt with a family tragedy. Apparently her daughter is in a coma after being hit by a drunk driver. While I don't know Ponsawan and am just learning about her work, my heart does go out to her and her family during this time.


Speaking of hearts, here is a photo of her bottle of hope (you can go directly to that link here) that won one of the categories from the Amaco challenge. I am looking forward to trying one of these bottles. I like the idea of tumbling hearts. I did a letter canes a long time ago with the letters of the word "hope" and I'll use those instead of the hearts in my playing with the style.

So it's a mixed blog entry - incredible beauty mixed with some sorrow. I spent quite a bit of time on her site and love her style. I hope she can at least get a small glimmer of happiness knowing that her artwork is appreciated by many.

Sandy

No comments: