Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Slovenia Connection...introducing Ursa!

Hi Everyone,

After posting about a clayer in Slovenia, Ursa, a different clayer from Slovenia, came forward and introduced herself. She has a Flickr website here that's full of beautiful clay necklaces, beads, and earrings. I like how she gives a twist to her pendants - the photo on the left looks like it's been treated that way and it makes me want to play with the technique.

I also very much like her colour pallette, particularly the warm reds and her summer colours and she's inspired me to play with translucents more - the finish on her work is wonderful.


I continue to be amazed at both the talent that's out there and even more by how much easier it's getting to find every day. The Internet truly is amazing.

Thank you, Ursa, for introducing yourself. Your work is beautiful and I'm honoured to meet you,

Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandy,

thank you very much for writing about my polymer work and for all nice words. I am so honoured and very happy about that.

I wish you happy claying....

Regards from Slovenia,

Ursa.