Monday, December 21, 2009

9th Day of Christmas...


There are 9 letters in the words "Elvis Ball".

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend, Karen, who in the last couple of years has become endearingly obsessed with Elvis. This year she's decided to have an Elvis tree.

I had been making an ornament for her with the idea of the lights and the snowflake ball, but my attempts at making a teddy bear weren't working out and I ended up ruining the ornament before I was able to give it to her. Once she mentioned the Elvis tree, though, it became so obvious what I had to make her.

The good thing is that there's no such thing as too tacky in Karen's mind and she likes bling. A few hours of mucking about with clay transfer paper, several coats of Future floor polish, and here's the finished version of the ornament.

If you press a button on the back of the ornament three lights start dancing around Elvis in red, blue, and yellow. I got the lights from a Dollar Store drinking cup.

Anyhow, I'll be giving the ornament to Karen today and I'm almost positive that she'll like it.

Cheers,

Sandy

1 comment:

Gail said...

I am absolutely positive that Karen will love your ornament. I can hear her saying "Thank you, Thank you very much" in fashion similar to her hero.. :)

Sandy, you will have to show us how you do this thing with the lights at our next meeting.
Loving the posts BTW.
Happy Holidays.