Monday, August 3, 2009

Whew!




Hi Everyone,

I took Hector and one of the monster bottles to work the other day and one of the women decided that she'd like to help out making Bottles of Hope. She took the two bottles around and got several other women interested. So I'll be doing a BOH tutorial for a group of women at work who have various levels of interest and skills.

Since I've discovered that the monster bottles are a great way of using scrap clay I took on the challenge of cleaning out my scrap clay bin. When I was cleaning up my clay room the other day I discovered a bin of clay that I had forgotten all about. It was a mishmash of attempts to segregate colours and other just genuine scrap.

It took hours.

It's a bit embarrassing.

Here's the final result. I have more than enough clay to make monsters with so I'll try to make some demos for the women at work so that they can be inspired.



I really wish I were the type to segregate my scrap right away into pretty colours. But caning doesn't lend itself to that very well. I think there are two types of clayers, those that generate scrap, and those that don't. I don't know if there's any correlation to those that keep clean work surfaces or not but I don't know many clayers that keep clean work surfaces so I suspect not.

I've probably got about 40 Premo size blocks in the photo.

Whew!

Sandy

No comments: