Saturday, January 1, 2011

My 2011 New Year's Resolutions...


Hi Everyone,

I've had a miserable cold this last week and most of my Christmas vacation was spent moaning and being pathetic on the couch. This morning I woke up with only a trace of a cough and almost 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I feel human once again and glad to be so.

It's time for New Year's resolutions. I didn't quite make all of my last year's resolutions. I did get to a total of 32 cane entries instead of the 52. The five pounds that I wanted to lose have now turned into 10. I did make more than 100 Bottles of Hope, but I only published about 80 of them. I stopped blogging for a bit as I succumbed to my addiction to Frontierville, which has now been cured.

This year I'm setting some personal and some clay related. The clay related are:

1. To make 100 Bottles of Hope.
2. To make 3 pairs of earrings to give away in the last ever One World One Heart Event
3. To blog about clay at least once a week
4. To finish my bottle of canes
5. To offer to exchange earrings once a month (the first set is for Fiona that I promised months and months ago).

I have other personal goals that I've got and I'll publish those in another blog entry.

The Bottles of Hope in this blog entry were inspired by Gera Scott Chandler and they're in memory of my Aunt Sharon who passed away within a month of diagnosis of cancer. She was surrounded by family when she went and these seemed appropriate.

My sister's family has been devastated by her husband's mother's battle with cancer so unfortunately it doesn't seem right to wish everyone a Happy New Year since my thoughts focus on them. Instead I will close with an Irish blessing that I found here. It seems appropriate since it's raining here today.


May the blessing of the rain be on you—
the soft sweet rain.
May it fall upon your spirit
so that all the little flowers may spring up,
and shed their sweetness on the air.
May the blessing of the great rains be on you,
may they beat upon your spirit
and wash it fair and clean,
and leave there many a shining pool
where the blue of heaven shines,
and sometimes a star.



Sandy

3 comments:

Book Worm Mommy! said...

HI Sandy, what a beautiful entry and I love the Irish blessing ... :) Thanks for sharing and happy new year to you and dear Joe.

Love
cheshmak, michael, kian

Louise said...

Mes sympathies Sandy pour les décès autour de toi.
Le poème est comme un baume au coeur.
Bonne année à vous 2 Santé et petits bonheurs quotidiens.
P.s.: si tu écris je te lis fidèle au poste,

Fiona said...

I am going to package yours up today. Please let me have your address as I have lost it. Sorry. Happy new year. Fiona