Monday, February 1, 2010

Bottle 1 - Happy Anniversary




Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to say that I've started my donations towards the Bottles of Hope Program as promised in my One World One Heart posting and yesterday presented 13 bottles at our Southern Ontario Polymer Clay Guild. I'll post photos of the other 12 later this week.

Today is my wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been married for 16 years today. We got married on a beach in Costa Rica. My husband is my soulmate, my heart, and my greatest love. This year also marks the point where I met him half of my lifetime ago. We met on a canoe trip hosted by the Ottawa Hostelling Association. Full moons, loons, magic. I am very lucky marriage wise though I know many aren't.

Anyhow, through the OWOH program I found Whimsical Creations by Melanie. I'm not sure what number she is on the Magic Carpet Ride, but she does beautiful work with clay and you can see her giveaway here. It's very clean and, well, whimsical. I loved her cake ornaments, an example of which is found here, and thought that it might make a nice Bottle. Even though I'm sure that my technique was quite different than Melanie's, I won't go into too many details. Scrap clay was my base, and then no different than a fondant application, I put a layer of the coloured clay on the scrap clay. I cut out the centre of the cake to be able to put the bottle in with Kemper cutters that were almost the perfect size. The polka dots (I wonder where that term came from) are there to cover some of the defects.

As also promised, I am dedicating the first 100 Bottles on behalf of the first 100 entrants in my OWOH giveaway. My very first entrant is Quiltmoose - Dagmar. She does beautiful quilting work, resides in Germany and is also a geocacher. Coincidentally she also has a post about a zipper bag that I hadn't seen before yesterday when Patti brought hers in to show us at Guild. I wonder how many times that'll show up in the next while.

Anyhow, that's about it for today. I was going to take the day to work at home since my husband has been away for the last five days but he's informed me that I have to be there, so I suspect I'm getting a nice bouquet. We'll go out to dinner tonight and have a quiet evening.

It's going to be a good day.

Cheers,

Sandy

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary Sandy! Sweet little bottle, can't wait to see the rest of them - I've made contact with Melanie through OWOH too. Ironically we live near each other!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Happy Anniversary to you!! I didn't realized you are just over the border. Thank you so much for your kind words and linky love. Your cake turned out very pretty.

Sue C said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary. What a wonderful story.

I also really like your cake bottle of hope. It's unique and well done. Hugs and smiles

Louise said...

Bon anniversaire de mariage!
Comme tu le dis il y en a tellement qui ne sont pas heureux . Apprécie et savoure le mariage et ...le repas...et la compagnie.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Dear Sandy,
I feel honored that you dedicated your first bottle to me :-) I like that little cake shaped bottle very much!!

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! Here's to many more to come!

Dagmar