Monday, March 2, 2009

A potential source of steampunk trinkets


Hi Everyone,

A month ago we were in Antigua celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary (I am truly blessed to be married to a man I love intensely and without reservation). On one of the rocks at the wonderful beach was this discarded Seiko watch. As soon as my husband pointed it out to me I picked it up and decided to bring it home with me (because one of the hallmarks of a clay addict is that you see potential everywhere).

This is what it looked like so I doubt that anyone was going to be claiming it sometime soon.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get into it and I have no idea whether the insides will be usable or not. But when I saw it I knew immediately that it might be useful for something steampunk.

We'll see how it goes. If anyone knows how to open a watch back without a lot of special tools, please let me know.

Cheers,

Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That can be a problem, indeed. Special tools are sold on some sites but for just one watch....a paper bag and a hammer used with a light touch might be all you need. Then, if it is a battery operated watch the insides will be almost useless. Good luck! Go see what Christi Friesen is doing with clay and steampunk at her site: cforiginals.com
She has a free steampunk heart tut there. jeaninholland