Sunday, November 28, 2010

Poinsettia Bottles of Hope


Hi Everyone,

I've reduced the cane and decided to make some Bottles of Hope with it.

I have three cane sizes - the largest is about 1 inch tall, then 1/2 inch, then 1/4 inch. The cane reduced quite nicely and overall I'm happy with it.

There are four things that I would do differently.

1. I'd make the petals a bit more pointy.
2. I think I would increase the contrast in the veins so that when the cane was reduced you would see more of the veins.
3. I'd do more contrast in the skinner blend that I used for the leaves - when they get to be 1/4 inch size they really start to blend together too much.
4. I wouldn't end up with as much 1/4 inch cane. It's so easy to get caught up in reducing.

But overall the cane is quite pretty and I'll certainly use it up. Janice is teaching us how to make angels today at Guild and I think my angel will benefit from a poinsettia border on her robe.

And, of course, since my mother loves poinsettias I'm going to have to come up with a pattern and ornament for her.

The lids were made of dollar store poinsettias. They worked perfectly in this case.

Cheers,

Sandy

No comments: