Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An ornament for my niece...

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd post a photo of an ornament that I made for my youngest niece. One of my sisters really appreciates the hand made ornaments that I try to make each year for her and I asked her if she would like me to start making them for her daughter who was born in 2008. She's said yes so the plan is to make one each year for Lauren. I'm honoured and joyful to do so.

Unfortunately for a number of reasons, I wasn't able to make one for Lauren last year so I've backdated today's ornament to 2008. There's an inscription on the back that says that Aunt Sandra made this ornament in 2008. Since Lauren is just over a year old, I highly doubt that she'll remember that this ornament is a year late. I'll send this off next week so that it can go on the family Christmas tree this year.

I'm currently planning to go with gingerbread theme for the next few years. I have another one in the works for this year and I'll post a photo of it when it's complete.

The trim is some residual clay that I had left over when I made Bottles of Hope on behalf of Bianca. I think it's neat that the spirit of a very brave little girl is infused in an ornament made to celebrate the first Christmas of a very special niece.

I think I got inspiration for this one from one of the other clay bloggers out there, but I wouldn't even begin to know where it was since the inspiration was from a couple of years ago. But it also may have been something I saw done in felt. Apologies to anyone who feels that I stole their idea and didn't give credit. That's not my intent.

Cheers,

Sandy

2 comments:

Lea White said...

That is so cool! When she is all grown up she'll have a whole tree full of very special decorations!

Lea White
http://whitesinnz.blogspot.com

janice said...

that's so cute!!