Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We're back from 12 glorious days in Arizona...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted recently because we've been travelling Arizona for the last 12 days. It's been a wonderful trip and over the next while I'm going to preempt my usual clay talk for sights and impressions of the trip.

I did finally succumb at the Grand Canyon and bought a small beautiful piece by Jon Anderson. It's one of his buffalo and you can see a similar one here, even though we didn't see buffalo in Arizona. I'm thrilled with it!

Our itinerary (I'll add links later):

Day 1 - Toronto to Phoenix, visit Boyce Thompson Arboretum and overnight in Globe
Day 2 - Globe to Holbrook with visit to Petrified Forest and overnight in Wigwam Inn
Day 3 - Holbrook to Canyon de Chelly
Day 4 - Canyon de Chelly to 4 Corners and Monument Valley
Day 5 - Monument Valley to Winslow where we stood on a corner (Eagles song) and stayed in the Howard Hughes Suite of La Posada Inn
Day 6 - Winslow, Arizona to Grand Canyon South Rim
Day 7 - Grand Canyon to Flagstaff via Wupatki and Sunset Crater
Day 8 - Flagstaff to Sedona
Day 9 - Sedona, hiking for the most part
Day 10 - Sedona to Phoenix via Montezuma's Well
Day 11 - NASCAR race where unfortunately Carl Edwards didn't win
Day 12 - Phoenix to Toronto

More to come. We took over 1000 photos but most of them are triplicates as we played with exposures and settings. We took three geocaching travel bugs with us and have many photos of them in their travels as well.

I'll try to start posting soon.

Cheers,

Sandy

2 comments:

Pat Sernyk said...

Wow Sandy,
Sounds like a beautiful trip! I am familiar with lots of those places, and can certainly identify with the lyrics of standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona...such a lovely sight to see. (Well, some of the corners are a little less than lovely, lol). But it actually happened one day as we were driving through that I HEARD that very same Eagles' song playing. It's one of my faves. And so many kewl places to visit. Welcome back and hope your trip was fantastic!
Fishy

Anonymous said...

Sedona is probably one of my favorite places to go! It is so warm and beautiful and there is art everywhere. Wish I could get out of the rain and go down there this very minute. You are a very lucky girl!