Sunday, July 26, 2009

Imagine...


Hi Everyone,

Here is a piece that I put together at Morrisburg. It involves flakes, but in a slightly different way. I took a microscope slide and coated one side with a thin layer of Future to use as a glue. I then added uncoloured flakes before the Future had a chance to dry so that they stuck to the slide.

Once the slide had dried with the flakes still stuck on it, I added some drops of Ranger Butterscotch, Meadow, and Stream (my new favourite colours for inks) in random patterns and let dry. Placed it onto a sheet of pearl clay, gently but firmly burnished into the clay and started framing around it.

The other elements include a bit of frosted glass that had some inks dropped onto it, a small piece of clay that had the dichro slide layered on it then stamped, and another piece of square memory glass. I had tried to use a decorative paper under the square memory glass but it didn't show through as much as I would have liked, so I added the leaves as accent.

Borders were done primarily using one of Bev's new stamps. She no longer maintains her website but I'm happy to announce that Shades of Clay
is now carrying some of her stamps with more to be added soon. If you haven't already previously seen my gushing about these stamps, know that they're flexible, fit through the pasta machine, and are one of my favourite tools.

I'm pretty sure I borrowed the flower stamps that border the "Imagine" but I don't remember from whom or what the stamp looked like.

I'm not certain what I'm going to do with this piece. I do like it quite a bit, and may try to do a box with it.

That's it for today. I'm off to guild where we're going to learn how to make candy striped beads. It'll be fun.

Cheers,

Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just beautiful!!!

Lea White
http://whitesinnz.blogspot.com