Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I was here...


Hi Everyone,

I haven't been posting lately because I've been otherwise preoccupied on a halfway-round-the-world 17 day trip.

More than 30 years after reading Thor Heyerdahl's Aku Aku book, I finally realized my dream of going to Easter Island. We were there for almost a week.

Amazing. Haunting. Beautiful. Perfect.

We also went to Tahiti and Moorea, and they were great. But Easter Island was the highlight.

The photo is just a taste of what we saw. More to come later. We just got back after 30 hours of travel and are a bit lagged.

Cheers,

Sandy

2 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I was wondering where you were Sandy. Glad to see it was somewhere wonderful! I have always wanted to go there too. It is an incredible concept that those sculptures are even there like that. Would love to see them myself and learn more about their history. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Unknown said...

olá,parabens!!!
linda foto,eu também gostaria de conhecer!!!
NAMASTE!!!