Sunday, April 15, 2012

Magic Glow Lentil Bead



Hi All,

I haven't been blogging because I've been prepping for our annual Morrisburg retreat.  I've just returned from two full days of happy claying with 27 or so women.  One woman, Vio, joined us for most of the tutorials through an Apple IPad which was new and great fun.  It felt like she was there with us.

We learned a new take on an Ikat cane, a pre-Stroppel Stroppel cane, box beads, mobiles, volcanic rocks, and a whole host of other techniques.  I actually finished one pair of earrings and a very cute mobile for a baby boy who is about to be born.

I taught the Magic Glow Lentil Bead which you can see above.  It was the result of a happy accident while playing with hollow lentil bead technique that Wendy taught us at Guild a while back and I've spent the last month experimenting with the technique and trying different variations.  Some worked better than others and I had my doubts about whether it would fly as a tutorial at Morrisburg.

But the tutorial went OK and there were several oohs and aaahs as the women experimented with my samples.

Several of the women tried the technique and the results were spectacular!

Once I've caught up on some much needed sleep I'll post the tutorial and some pictures.

Cheers,

Sandy

1 comment:

Cara Jane said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! Look forward to seeing the tutorial.