Friday, February 17, 2012

Almost Famous!

Hi Everyone,

If you don't know of Polymer Clay Daily, you should go check the site out now.  Cynthia Tinapple blogs daily about Clayers and their work.  It can be an incredible source of inspiration and of addiction.  I've had several of my pieces inspired by photos or artists featured on her site.  And it's always a thrill to be mentioned.  My Santa Claus cane was my first mention in Polymer Clay Daily and coincidentally my first blog posting ever.

I found out through the grapevine that I'm featured in her e-book "7 Great Ways to Polymer Clay" along with a good claying friend of mine, Wendy, the creator of the wonderful claying tools, the Cabezels which you can buy at my favourite on-line clay supply store, Shades of Clay.

7 Great Ways to Polymer Clay includes a listing of beginner tutorials, videos, and links to step-by-step tutorials.  I'm in the category of "fun stuff" with my spiral paperclip tutorial for earrings and bracelets.  I'll forgive her for calling me Sandra in the e-book because I'm just so tickled to be in the book among some of the greats such as Marie Segal, Ponsawan, Kim Korringa, Dinko, Maggie Maggio and so many others.

The book also pays tribute to some lesser knowns (like me!) and several of the French artists, who I generally think of as brilliant.

I'm looking forward to playing with several of the techniques mentioned in the e-book including Mabcrea's skinner blends and Genevieve Williamson's fibre beads which are shown in the image below.  I've spent a very happy hour perusing Genevieve's website - her work is very earthy and it really draws me.

Anyhow, do check out the e-book if you've got some time to kill or are trying to get others interested in the hobby. 




Cheers,

Sandy

No comments: