Saturday, January 9, 2010

I never want to be featured here...

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't already heard or seen, there's a website that picks some of the more questionable Etsy offerings and highlights them. The website is called Regretsy.

The owner of the website doesn't pull any punches, sometimes the language can be considered a bit coarse. Many of the Etsy nominees wear their nominations like a badge of pride, such as the embroidered toilet paper which you can see here.

Apparently there's a book coming out and she'll also be writing an article for a bridal magazine. There's a bit of a cult following and many of the pieces that she highlights actually sell.

I won't post photos of the stuff here, because really, some of it is just too ghastly for posting.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you will join me in thinking "I hope my stuff is never posted on Regretsy". It isn't an issue with me at the moment since I don't have an Etsy website.

Cheers,

Sandy

1 comment:

2 Good Claymates said...

Wow! I didn't even know that site existed! Some of the things listed there were quite shocking! The others made me laughed my head off silly! Do people really make those kind of things? And then try to sell them?